Open Farm Friday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Your plateau produce grown and freshly harvested every Friday!
2015 Community Supported Agriculture Season
Questions? Simply call or e-mail us!
What is a CSA? (Copied from localhavest.org)
Over the last 20 years, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) has become a popular way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer. Here are the basics: a farmer offers a certain number of “shares” to the public. Typically the share consists of a box of vegetables, but other farm products may be included. Interested consumers purchase a share (aka a “membership” or a “subscription”) and in return receive a box (bag, basket) of seasonal produce each week throughout the farming season. This arrangement creates several rewards for both the farmer and the consumer. In brief…
Advantages for farmers:
• Get to spend time planning and marketing the food early in the year, before the long days begin.
• Receive payment early in the season, which helps with the farm’s cash flow so that we can focus on growing food!
• Have an opportunity to get to know the people who eat the food they grow! (My favorite)
Advantages for consumers:
• Eat ultra-fresh food, with all the flavor and vitamin benefits
• Get exposed to new vegetables and new ways of cooking (we give you recipes)
• Visit the farm at least once a season bring the kids when you get your veggies – they get a taste of the farm
• Find that kids typically favor food from “their” farm – even veggies they’ve never been known to eat
• Develop a relationship with the farmer who grows their food and learn more about how food is grown
How long is the season? What size share should I get?
The Mason Jar Farm is offering produce subscriptions for our 2nd year. We follow organic and sustainable practices in the growing of our produce. The 2015 season is 27 weeks, beginning with the 6 May through the last pick up 8 November. A Family share provides ample vegetables for 2 to 4 people. More detail is provided in our CSA Contract which is available upon request. Please email Jenni – Plateaugirl@live.com for a copy or contact me for any questions.